If you have just started learning the keyboard and you want to get a digital piano for yourself, things can get really confusing. Even seasoned musicians sometimes get really overwhelmed when they go out to buy digital pianos. In this article, we are going to discuss all the important things that you should consider before buying your next digital piano.
You should start by doing some research online. Spend time deciding your budget and then sorting out choices that fit within your price range. Then you should read all the reviews given by real-life customers and analyse their experience working with the digital piano. Always go for reputed and trusted websites for reviews and purchases, so that you do not fall victim to the false claims.
Also, it is essential to understand your preferences and requirements. Would you like to have a full digital piano or a 61-key one will be enough for you? Do you want a portable or acoustic piano? When you have all these answers then you can look for the following features to get your hands on the best piano.
- Sound- This is undoubtedly the most essential thing. You should consider paying close attention to the sound quality of the speakers and the internal library of the digital keyboard. Choices like Yamaha CVP 800 offer a wide range of high-quality sounds that will enhance your overall piano-playing experience.
- MIDI Connectivity- MIDI has become an essential part of the music world. It has created and opened doors to a lot of opportunities that people might not have heard of before. So if you want to compose high-quality music with your piano then go with the one that comes with MIDI connectivity. Using this you can connect your digital piano with the chosen Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) so as to record yourself while playing. You can also use various plug-ins with the help of this connectivity.
- Polyphony- It is the number of notes that you can play simultaneously without the notes getting cut off. Go for a piano that has at least 64 notes of polyphony, so that you can play whatever you want without any worries. If you are a beginner, lower note polyphony could work for you.
- Keyboard- It is the most essential element in the digital piano. It should have a great built quality and must possess a realistic touch like Yamaha CVP 800. If you are a beginner or want to perform classical music, then consider going for weighted keyboards.
- Portability- Depending on whether you are a home-based musician or want to travel the world performing the art, you should choose the right piano portability.
These are some of the most important points to consider before buying your piano so that you can have a great playing experience.