Re-useable bags are becoming increasingly common in the UK, as major supermarkets have been applying statutory 10p charges for all single-use bags since 2015. This is likely to become more commonplace from 2020 when all retailers will be obliged to levy a 10p charge for carrier bags. This creates a fantastic marketing opportunity for any business, however, as printed carrier bags are a great way to raise consumer awareness of any brand. What’s more, printed carriers are an eco-friendly packaging solution which can actually benefit our environment.
Some of the ways printed carriers offer benefits to the environment include:
– They can result in reductions to consumer use of single-use carriers which can create environmental damage to wildlife habitats and oceans and frequently litter city and rural locations. You can find out more about single-use carriers on the government website.
– Attractively printed carriers will not only promote your brand, but it’s more likely that consumers will re-use your printed bag on several occasions. This results in cuts to levels of pollution and dangers to wildlife habitats.
– Issuing re-useable carriers to customers and consumers cuts the levels of pollution caused in the manufacture of plastic bags. Of course, you may want to opt for printed plastic carriers – and you’ll discover a wide selection of durable plastic carrier bags at the Printed Bag Shop. However, your decision to sell or give away printed bags will help reduce the numbers of one-use carriers sold by supermarkets and other retailers. When it comes to climate change, every little contribution can help in some way!
– Opting for printed paper carriers means your high quality, branded bags can actually be recycled at the end of their life. This reduces landfill.
– Plastic carrier bags can block water drains and contribute towards flooding. Opting for recyclable printed paper carriers or top quality printed tote bags is not just a brilliant way to market your brand, it can also help reduce numbers of plastic bags that enter watercourses.
– When you opt for printed tote bags, you’re contributing to support of sustainable jute or bamboo and helping growers and textile workers in poorer global locations achieve a living wage.
Since the 5p charge for plastic carriers was introduced in 2015, the issue of carriers by supermarkets dropped by 85%. This reaction is one way all UK consumers can contribute to benefiting the environment. It’s a truly great eco-friendly result for the UK and any business can do their bit towards this initiative by opting for the top quality, printed carrier bags that are such an essential for UK shoppers and consumers in the contemporary environment.
There are dozens of ways printed carrier bags can help benefit the environment, whether you’re looking for plastic, paper or fabric carriers. And, we haven’t even touched on the ways that printed carriers act to promote your brand and market your products or services. Get in touch with the Printed Bag Shop today to find out more.